Full Proof Beauty Tips
In this post I will be sharing beauty tips I've learned throughout my career in the beauty industry. Lets dive right in, enjoy!
- Keep yourself hydrated! I can't stress this enough, beside doing the body a world of good, it keeps your skin looking radiant.
- Wash your makeup brushes often (once a week is best) to kill germs and prevent breakouts.
- Apply a serum at night, your skin regenerates and heals the most as you sleep.
- ALWAYS wash your makeup off each night, if not you're susceptible o breakouts, clogged pores and blackheads.
- To exfoliate your body, use a mixture of dried coffee grounds and olive oil, buff into the skin and rinse.
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a month OR a mixture of apple cider vinegar and warm water to remove build up throughout the hair.
- Exfoliate your skin bi-weekly, your makeup will apply easier on a smooth canvas.
- Never buy a dry shampoo, just use baby powder, and brush through the hair (it soaks up all the oil - something I use every week!)
- When purchasing anything "organic" be sure to check if it's FDA certified.
- If your skin tends to get oily, use a mattifiying moisturizer, as well as an oil free primer.
- Highlighter is your best friend if you want to achieve a glow, touch on the brow bone, above the cupids bow, and right above your cheekbones.
- Remember, always every expensive high end product has a dupe, research or pinterest it!
- Prevent hair color from fading by using a leave in serum with uv protection, as well as washing your hair less frequently (I wash twice a week - and I'm a hairdresser!)
- No need for a eyelid primer, use your concealer as a base for any type of eye shadow.
- Q-Tips are your best friend when dealing with liquid eyeliner.
- Trade your fingers, or foundation brush for a Beauty Blender the makeup sponge that soaks up any extra product and makes your foundation look light, like your true skin.
- Apply your bronzer in a C shaped motion starting from your temples down to the hollows of your cheeks.
- Always use a moisturizer with an SPF, even in those harsh winter months.
- When using conditioner, remember to apply from mid strand to ends, never the base of your scalp.
- For summer months, switch from foundation which tends to be heavy to a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream.
- As soon as a pimple forms, dot on Tea Tree oil, it will kill all bacteria and help clear the breakout.
- Always apply blush two fingers away from your nose.
I hope you enjoyed this post and learned a thing or two, if anyone has any questions or any special requests relating to beauty, comment below!