5 Pieces In My Warbrobe I Can't Get Enough Of
I'm super minimal, to a point...except when it comes to my wardrobe. I practically have everything in every color! If you look at my jeans, I have everything from boyfriend to skinnies, high-wasted to flared, and don't even get me started on my obsession with colored jeans.... If you were to look in my current wardrobe, you would think I dress cute daily, but chances are, I'm probably chilling in workout clothes, or wearing the same thing two days in a row (I'm totally serious) Lets get real, it can be hard to try to look nice sometimes. Some days it's just sooo much easier to throw on your guys shirt, a pair of leggings and skip the bra all together. Honestly, putting on a cute outfit can work wonders for your self esteem and can even make you happier. Today I'm sharing 5 Pieces In My Wardrobe I Can't Get Enough of, and why I love them so much.
5 Pieces In My Wardrobe I Can't Get Enough Of
- Stripped tee - I love minimalistic colors! I'm obsessed with all things white, black and red. I have this one black and white stripped t-shirt that I'm super obsessed with. It's fitted, so I can easily tuck it into a high wasted pants, to make my figure appear more of an hourglass. Or I could easily throw on a pair of burgundy skinnies, and it would work. I've made tons of outfits where my strip tee takes the lead and works well with any bottoms.
- Worn in cut-offs - I honestly have a huge love/hate relationship with shorts. I have a very petite frame with wider hips, and bigger thighs, which typically gives me a muffin top in all situations. It's super frustrating because no matter what type of shorts I wear, I feel like they always ride up, or aren't long enough to smooth out my pear-shaped figure. When we first arrived in Dallas, I sold practically all my clothes to various resale shops and repurchased summer clothes. I picked the most comfortable cut-offs from Platos closet that I'm super obsessed with. They're kind of worn-in so they never shrink, so they're loose, but fitted which I absolutely love. I can't get enough of worn in cut-offs this summer because they're a classic.
- Maxi-Dresses - Have always been a favorite of mine to wear from spring-fall. You can pair them with anything, even add big, chunky layers like a sweater, throw on a cute hat and you're good to go. In the summer I practically live in max-dresses. I love layering them especially in the fall with big scarves and pairing them with booties, they're just so comfortable. Max-dresses are a staple in my wardrobe because they're flowy, colorful and pretty low maintenance.
- Flowy Cardigans - I LOVE my flowy cardigans, they're an instant addition to any outfit, no matter if I really need one or not. I have so many different types of cardigans but lately I'm obsessed with kimono style cardigans. They're long, flowy and lightweight fabric, perfect for the Dallas heat. I also have a ton of longer, thicker cardigans for wintertime in Maine when it's just so cold you want to wear a blanket as an outfit. Lately I've been obsessed with tucking a tank into high-wasted jeans, and adding a cardigan over it. I'm pretty big on layering, so cardigans are easily one of my favorite staples in my wardrobe.
- Ankle booties - When I was doing hair I pretty much bought ankle booties in every color. If you were to look in my closet now, you would only find black and brown ones, I have no clue where half of my shoe collection went to! I can't get enough of ankle booties because you can wear them with any outfit and in any season. I love pairing ankle booties with rolled up colored jeans, or even underneath a dress. On days where I want to feel a little extra confident I always add in ankle boots to make me feel a little more put together.
What are your favorite pieces out of your wardrobe?