My Unconventional Guide to Making the Best out of Snow Days
This morning I woke up to much more snow than I ever anticipated having... and I panicked. My first thought was to turn on the weather channel. I had been so busy to notice we had a huge winter storm advisory for the state of Maine. I was surprised to see so much snow on the ground and was curious how bad my commute would be to South Portland.
After watching the weather channel for a good ten minutes I decided to turn my phone on and brew some much needed coffee. I had seven texts and four notifications: I had the day off, a total and unexpected surprise.... well maybe not unexpected. In that moment I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to commute 45 minutes away in awful conditions. I brewed more coffee, and decided to make this snow day a highly productive one. I wanted to share with you all how to make the most out of a snow day, how to be as productive as possible all the while truly enjoying a much needed time of rest....Enjoy!
- Don't bother getting dressed! You're home, it's okay to stay in your sweats and stay comfy!
- Brew yourself a big pot of coffee! This is how to give yourself the energy you need to truly stay productive on a lazy day.
- Make a list! Making lists are my favorite way to stay organized and ensure that I get everything done that I need to.
- Prioritize! Some things can truly wait, let yourself enjoy the down time that a snow day can bring. By making a list and setting your priorities straight you're sure to make the best out of any snow day.
- Start early! To me, snow days are all about two things: relaxing, and getting shit done. So brew yourself that big pot of coffee and start in on your list of tasks early to ensure you have plenty of time to relax.
- Pamper yourself! (Only after getting things from your list completed of course!) Indulge in a long hot shower, read Cosmo, drink a latte, whatever tickles your fancy.
- And..... Relax! Finish off the day with your coziest blanket, a new novel, or even your favorite show on Netflix, pair it with a glass of wine and your bound for a relaxing night in.
- Rise and Shine!
- Brewed a big pot of coffee
- Received word of day off
- Made a list of what I needed to get done
- Gathered all the laundry up and proceeded to do two loads
- Folded all the laundry and put everything away
- Organized Dustin & I's closet
- Put all the dishes into the dishwasher and started a cycle
- Cleaned out the refrigerator (this desperately needed it!)
- Busted out my new planner for 2016 and began filling in important dates
- Stocked the fireplace with wood and cleaned off my car
- Headed over to our local store and grabbed supplies for to try out a new crock pot recipe
- Threw all the ingredients to make "Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup" into the crock pot
- Indulged in a hot shower, followed by a much needed DIY Body Scrub (1/2 Brown Sugar 1/2 Olive oil)
- Cleaned makeup brushes/cleared out old makeup from vanity
I'm feeling so very grateful for this snow day to allow me to get back on track and get myself organized. I'm so excited for Dustin to come home from work and be able to eat a nice hot meal and relax with me. I bought my favorite wine for tonight, maybe I'll crack open the bottle a little early and indulge in my favorite guilty pleasure: Keeping up with the Kardashians and Moscato. This is what I truly love about unexpected snow days: getting back on track and taking the time to relax/pamper yourself.